Think about all the information we receive in a day, and how much of that data goes unread or lost. One of the quickest ways for a company to find a solution for mass amounts of information they receive is having a central and secure place to store and organize data, so it's easily retrievable.
- A common definition you might of heard about ECM is this: Enterprise Content Management is essentially a central place for "information silos", which is nothing more than unstructured content filed in a myriad of places in the cloud.
- However, not all ECM's are created the same and with the right ECM system, the advanced software will manage all of the wayward content, such as correspondences, invoices, delicate medical records, confidential employee files, emails, shared data, and much more digital information.
- Many companies are turning to ECM's to address the problem of how to organize and keep information in one place for easier access and retrievable at any time. Since in the new business landscape being able to locate information immediately has become a huge competitive advantage.
- Also, more and more cyber attacks are on the rise. They compromise sensitive and confidential information, and depending on the breach they could close a company's doors. ECM's are highly regarded because of their attention to cyber-safety. As a result, they are becoming popular for compliance and regulatory issues.
ECM's are widely used in any size company, commercial, growth, government, non-profit, and educational institutions.
- When ECM's are put to use and manage all documents and records the risk of misplacement and loss is greatly reduced. The end users experience more time, higher ROI and better cost control.
- Since we have so many employees scattered around the world, a central dashboard is needed now and one that is customized for all workflow. Organizations that want to grow need to constantly think about how to scale, and data that is unmanaged presents a real pain, not to mention a multiple of cyber-vulnerabilities in a company's stored data to attack and essentially take down and organization.
- ECM's are not one size fits all. That's why it's important to hire a firm that is truly an expert in the field. They need to be customized, streamlined and unified to make the experience worthwhile.
Let us know if we can help. We have a dedicated team to make the information transition a successful one.